Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First garde 11.24.2010 חג ההודיה “Thanksgiving.”

11.24.2010

Dear Parents,
this week we learned about חג ההודיה “Thanksgiving.” We found out that even the Hebrew name for a turkey is a meaningful name that connecst to the holiday.
Turkey = תרנגול הודו (Tarnegol hodoo). The word “Hodoo” in Hebrew is another word for thanks. So, what can be better then “Tarnegol Hodoo” to celabrate Thanksgiving.

Hebrew Sentence of the week: כִּי, נֵס גָדוֹל הָיָה! (Ki nes gadol haya) because a big miracle happened. (This is the answer for last week’s sentence: Eight days in Chanukkah. Why?)


Hebrew workbook:
This week we started our workbook which teaches about the vowel “Holam” (the long O sound). We learned to spell words with all three of the vowels we have learned (“Ah”, “Ei” and “O”).


Parashat Hashavua
This Friday you will find in your child’s folder a picture page with a summary of the story of Parashat: “וישב” – Vayeshev . We learned that Yosef’s story happened because Hashem wanted him to end in Egypt and to get into the palace.


Hagim (Holidays)
Each student got a turn to choose something to thank Hashem for.
Here is the list of what the children came up with all in Hebrew!
1B
Zach: “I’m saying thank you for the life” " אני אומר תודה על החיים" -
Madison: “I’m saying thank you for the Shabbat " אני אומרת תודה על השבת" -
Yaakov B: “I’m saying thank you for the food” - "אני אומר תודה על האוכל"
Dvora: “I’m saying thank you for the clothes” - "אני אומרת תודה על הבגדים"
Daniel: “I’m saying thank you for the house "אני אומר תודה על הבית"-
Eliyahu: “I’m saying thank you for the water and the rain” "אני אומר תודה על"- המים והגשם
Tovah: “I’m saying thank you for the good school” "אני אומרת תודה על בית"- הספר הטוב
Ari: “I’m saying thank you for the friends” "אני אומר תודה על החברים"-
Saul: “I’m saying thank for the games” - "אני אומר תודה על המשחקים"
Brandon: “I’m saying thank you for the animals” "אני אומר תודה על החיות"-
Sarah: “I’m saying thank you for the miracles” "אני אומרת תודה על הניסים"


1A
Samuel: “I’m saying thank you for the year and for the Torah” -
"אני אומר תודה על השנה והתורה"
Samson: “I’m saying thank you for the family” "אני אומר תודה על המשפחה" "
Yaki: “I’m saying thank you for getting out of Egypt” -
"אני אומר תודה על יציאת מצרים"
Chaya Shalva: “I’m saying thank you for my parents and my teachers"
אני אומרת תודה על אמא ואבא ועל המורים"”
Channah: “I’m saying thank you for the good people” –
"אני אומרת תודה על האנשים"
Akiva: “I’m saying thank you for the soldiers”- “ "אני אומר תודה על החיילים
Yaakov N. “I’m saying thank you for the jokes”- “"אני אומר תודה על הבדיחות
Yaakov W. “I’m saying thank you for the Holidays”- "אני אומר תודה על החגים
Dani: “I’m saying thank you for health”- “"אני אומר תודה על הבריאות
Michelle: “I’m saying thank you for the synagogue”-
“אני אומרת תודה על בית הכנסת”

I’m sending home the turkey with some of these thank you sentences.
I’m very proud of the first grade work!
Shabbat Shalom,
Morah Irit.

No comments:

Post a Comment