Friday, May 29, 2015

5-29-2015


Dear Parents,
We had a wonderful day at the zoo. We learned a lot!
I’m sending home some of our work from this year. Please look for more to come next week.

Shalom workbook:
This week we finished our unit on “Shalom Ba’Bayit U Ba’chots” (Shalom in the house and outside).  The “Shalom at Home” workbook focuses on the daily life of a Jewish child at home from waking up in the morning until going to bed at night.
This week we focused on the 4 different seasons. We learned about hot days and how important it is to drink water. I’m sending home the completed workbook. Please go over it with your child and let him/her share with you all we’ve learned.

 “My library” הַסִפְרִיָה שֶלִי "   
This week’s story is:"איפה הדב של דב"  (Efo Hadov Shel Dov)- Wher is Dov’s bear?
This story is a good practice for some of this week words.

Ariot 3:
This week we finished Ariot 3 workbook.
 we read the story called “Dan Ve Dina naganim” (The story is about children named Dan and Dina who play musical instruments). I brought to the class my own musical instrument in a big box.  I asked the children to guess what musical instrument was in the box and no one was able to guess correctly!  (Ask your child what instrument it was, or flip the page and look at the picture.). I explained what the instrument was and I played some songs the students knew.   We concluded with the “Hatikvah”.
We concluded with the story
"מה יש בעננים"    - what is in the cloud. The students used all of their imagination to see deferent shapes in the clouds.

Homework notebook - Vocabulary words:
I’m very proud of my first grade students’ achievements this year. Thank you as well. All your child’s studying this year would not have been so successful without your help and support. I’m sending the מחברת (notebook) home for you to keep. Please use this notebook for review during the summer.

Shabbat Shalom,
Morah Irit



No comments:

Post a Comment